Liberrants

Welcome to Liberrants, a blog dedicated to editorials, discussions, and studies of all things libertarian. Don't let the title mislead you; it's merely my attempt to be creative in describing myself as a "hopeful curmudgeon" who embraces the goal of the free, peaceful, economically vibrant society envisioned by America's founding fathers. Jump in! Contribute! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

A critically thinking curmudgeon whose goal, in addition to creatively venting about the imperfect world in which we live, is to induce critical thinking in others. The ultimate goal is to help bring about a peaceful world in which we can all live in freedom.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comment Moderation

This is just a quick administrative note to let my readers know that I've just enabled comment moderation on the blog. Let me be clear that I am NOT doing this to annoy my readers or to make posting comments difficult, nor do I have any intention of "censoring" unfavorable comments. I'm doing it to eliminate some non-English comments like those in Chinese that have been posted in response to two of my recent entries.

Let me also be clear that I am certainly NOT biased against foreign languages or readers from other nations and cultures whose primary language is one other than English. Being to some degree fluent in a few foreign languages myself, I certainly can appreciate the desire to communicate in one's native tongue if that's the one in which one can best express one's point. But since I do not read, write, or speak Chinese*, this means that I am unable to verify whether or not the post is a legitimate one or if it is simply spam. Furthermore, if I cannot understand a comment, that means that I cannot respond to it, either to clarify, answer, or rebut a point made. It therefore serves no constructive purpose.

If I've offended or alienated anyone with this move, please accept my apologies in advance. Feel free to post a complaint (preferably in English, but German, French, Spanish, or Arabic would work too) and I'll give it due consideration.


(*This certainly puts me at a great economic disadvantage as the Amerikan Empire implodes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home