Liberrants

Welcome to Liberrants, a blog dedicated to editorials, discussions, and studies of all things libertarian. Don't let the title mislead you; it's merely my attempt to be creative in describing myself as a "hopeful curmudgeon" who embraces the goal of the free, peaceful, economically vibrant society envisioned by America's founding fathers. Jump in! Contribute! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

A critically thinking curmudgeon whose goal, in addition to creatively venting about the imperfect world in which we live, is to induce critical thinking in others. The ultimate goal is to help bring about a peaceful world in which we can all live in freedom.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A QUESTION

I'm still too busy packing and preparing for the move to write at length, but in light of recent events in the Middle East, I ask just one (obviously rhetorical question):

When, oh when, will the rest of the world declare that they've had enough of "that shitty little country" on the Mediterranean littoral that has caused the world at large, and the U.S. in particular, such unending grief since its founding on May 15, 1948?

An equally important question might be: When will the rest of the world, particularly the "superpowers" such as China and Russia, start holding the United States accountable for its international crimes and actively intervene, militarily if need be, to stop our criminal nonsense?

We are, through omission or commission, responsible for heinous crimes against humanity, in the Middle East, at home, and around the world. It is past time we were held accountable. That will happen, dear readers; it's only a matter of "when." May God help us, even though we've done nothing to earn his mercy and everything to incur his wrath.

2 Comments:

Blogger Convoluted Muse said...

Libberanter,

Hey, how have you been? Good I trust? :-)

I agree with much of what you have to say though I must disagree with your view of Israel. Like them or not they have as much right to exists as we do or anyone else for that matter. That being said they could use some work on their image. In any event they have so many countries around them seeking nothing short of their total destruction. Anything else is unnacceptable to them.In that light we would probably be a little testy too. Just a thought. Best wishes,

CM

5:49 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger liberranter said...

Well, hello, Stranger! Good to hear from you!

I did visit your (old?) blogger page a while back and remember reading that you were transferring to another host. Sorry I haven't kept up; what with this move and everything involved with it, I've been kind of mum lately. Once I get settled in Tucson I should be back to my ol' verbose self.

Thanks for dropping by - I think I've lost some regular visitors over the last couple of months due to the paucity of my contributions!

2:44 PM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home