We've also hit a slight snag on the house in Tucson. It seems that the current owner didn't get a permit from Pima County to build the detached guest house on the property. While it goes without saying that as a libertarian I would not have bothered to do so either, it does complicate things when trying to sell or transfer title to property. At any rate it might work out in our favor, as the seller has agreed to pony up as much as five grand toward permit fees (this after already coming down another five grand on the sales price by kicking in the equivalent in closing costs). The plot thickens.
The good news on the job front is that my company is bidding on some contract work in the Tucson area that has a good chance of panning out, meaning that I'll have work awaiting me when I move. The down side is that it'll be a long commute from home to the job site, and while traffic in the Tucson area is nothing compared to here in the Capitol region, I'm not looking forward to burning gas money on excessively long commutes. For this reason I'm putting out feelers to other companies, preferably those that do more diverse commercial work. Still, the opporunity to stay with my current employer until I get settled is a welcome plus, despite the company's many drawbacks.
Anyway, I'll try to post more in the next week or so as events take shape. Again, my apologies for the paucity of postings. I'll try to make up for it later.