Liberrants

Welcome to Liberrants, a blog dedicated to editorials, discussions, and studies of all things libertarian. Don't let the title mislead you; it's merely my attempt to be creative in describing myself as a "hopeful curmudgeon" who embraces the goal of the free, peaceful, economically vibrant society envisioned by America's founding fathers. Jump in! Contribute! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

A critically thinking curmudgeon whose goal, in addition to creatively venting about the imperfect world in which we live, is to induce critical thinking in others. The ultimate goal is to help bring about a peaceful world in which we can all live in freedom.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Back Home - For Now

Got back yesterday from two weeks in Tucson and the wife and I are missing it already. It was a phenomenal trip, one that has led to a major decision in my and Mrs. Liberranter's life: we're moving to Tucson soon. Very soon. As in "maybe within six weeks" soon.

While in Tucson we found the home of our dreams, a two-story, four-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath home on a one-acre lot bordering Saguaro National Park. There's also a separate two-bedroom guesthouse on the property, perfect for our daughter and grandson. It was as if the perfect property appeared out of nowhere. Indeed, the real estate agent couldn't find anything comparable in quality for under a half a million dollars, well outside our price range. So we made an offer on the place. It was accepted. Now begins the interesting part. God works in mysterious ways, so I'm trusting Him to guide me through this transition.

We've been tired of the Northeast, particularly the D.C. area, for a very long time. I can honestly say that the day we drive west down I-66 toward the Shenandoah for the last time will be one of the happiest days of my life to date. Yes, we have friends here whom we will dearly miss, but as true friends we'll stay in touch and keep those friendships alive. As for work, that's a big question mark right now. Again, I've been asking God to guide me away from this decision if it's the wrong one, but I haven't felt any movement in that direction. I know there's work to be had out West that can make use of what few talents God has given me and I will do my best to find the right fit for me and my family, with His help.

Anyway, I'll be finalizing my trip log this week and will post an abbreviated version here on the blog. I'll even throw in a photo or two of the desert, which I'm missing right now with heartarche bordering on tear-inducing as cold Spring rains deluge the National Crapitol Region.

We're meeting with our real estate agent tomorrow evening to arrange listing of our house and we also have a conference call scheduled with our lending agent in Arizona to arrange mortgage financing for the new house. The next few weeks are going to be intense, to put it charitably. I'll post whenever I can.

Arizona ROCKS, even in Summer and with one hundred-plus degree heat!

1 Comments:

Blogger individ said...

Wow. Good luck, and congratulations for leaving the seat of the Leviathan.

10:55 AM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home