Liberrants

Welcome to Liberrants, a blog dedicated to editorials, discussions, and studies of all things libertarian. Don't let the title mislead you; it's merely my attempt to be creative in describing myself as a "hopeful curmudgeon" who embraces the goal of the free, peaceful, economically vibrant society envisioned by America's founding fathers. Jump in! Contribute! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

A critically thinking curmudgeon whose goal, in addition to creatively venting about the imperfect world in which we live, is to induce critical thinking in others. The ultimate goal is to help bring about a peaceful world in which we can all live in freedom.

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Budding Entrepeneur(ette)?

Well, my wife’s embryonic business is getting off to an auspicious start, in its own very small way. Indeed, it looks like she’s going to zoom past me in my own efforts to get a small business off the ground (as I posted back on May 5th). I’m proud of her, since she has not been particularly happy at her current job and has always wanted to be her own boss. Selling jewelry, accessories (handbags, wallets, etc.) and clothing has always been her forte, and she can sell salt to a snail. She seems to have found a niche market for the stuff she’s selling, which also seems to be a step in the right direction.

The sad part of it is, she doesn’t want to grow the business to any great degree for the twin reasons that hold anyone with entrepreneurial aspirations back: taxes and government regulations. Who can blame her? The silver lining is that the more she sees, first hand, the behavior of the nanny state and its toxic effect on commerce, the more she understands why I think the way I do and why I maintain this blog.

I’d like to post a catalog of her inventory online (she doesn’t plan on creating a website just yet) since the holiday season is soon upon us, but I don’t think she’s quite ready yet to support online marketing. If she does, my readers here will be the first to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home