Liberrants

Welcome to Liberrants, a blog dedicated to editorials, discussions, and studies of all things libertarian. Don't let the title mislead you; it's merely my attempt to be creative in describing myself as a "hopeful curmudgeon" who embraces the goal of the free, peaceful, economically vibrant society envisioned by America's founding fathers. Jump in! Contribute! Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

A critically thinking curmudgeon whose goal, in addition to creatively venting about the imperfect world in which we live, is to induce critical thinking in others. The ultimate goal is to help bring about a peaceful world in which we can all live in freedom.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes

With absolutely no prompting whatsoever from me, my grandson summed up the Bush presidency last night in words more appropriate than any pundit could ever muster. I swear on a stack of New Testaments that the following is true:

I was channel surfing and stopped on MSNBC for a second to look at a brief news segment that captured my interest. After it ended the subject quickly shifted to the feds' plan to rebuild New Orleans and the Gulf Coast and featured a sound bite from the Smirking Chimp in which he pledged the entire federal treasury to the effort. At that moment my grandson, sitting on the couch with me waiting for me to switch the channel back to his cartoons, pointed to the TV and exclaimed "Don't want it, PopPop! Scared!"

What else could I do but give him the biggest bearhug I could without breaking any of his delicate little bones? Granny and Mommy heard it too and couldn't help but feel proud.

That's my little BooBoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Online Web Solutions said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free web design site/blog. It pretty much covers free web design related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:24 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Real News
Hurricane Katrina can't be said to have ushered in a new golden age of journalism, since the lethal weather system struck the Gulf Coast mere weeks ago, and the press's commitment to the story already shows ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my electronic translaters related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

11:30 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Flaming Firegeni said...

Ah your grandson shows true perception that is unique in one so young.

What else can anyone say when watching smirking soundbites, except "Don't want it...Scared!" Gosh it certainly summarises my sentiments perfectly.

I am thinking in the vein of biblical truth "from the mouths of babes and sucklings". :D sure is true.

9:08 PM, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home